For those of you who have been keeping up with my work, you will know I completed an entire action research project on tech tools teachers can use to promote homework completion. You can find the resulting paper here. *Spoiler alert: the most effective tool I used was Remind.
So, what exactly makes it so magical?
The follow is a list of some of the ways I use Remind.
- Remind students about homework due dates
- Remind students about tests and quizzes
- Send out links to a great resource
- Send out podcast updates
- Remind students about parent-teacher conferences or back-to-school night
- Tell students I've finished entering grades for the marking period
- Remind students about a field trip
- Ask students to bring headphones to class the next day
- Send a homework correction
- Send messages of appreciation
- Congratulate individual student on a job well done (using chat feature)
- Answer homework questions (using chat feature)
- Give individual grade updates (using chat feature)
- Send great math jokes and pictures
- Send homework assignments as attachments
- Send video class announcement (using YouTube link)